The concept of "mindfulness" is trending everywhere lately, and living mindfully sounds great - except, it can be hard knowing where to start. Being mindful also means being intentional, and practicing this way of life can help reduce your stress and help you enjoy your life a little more.
We can admit that staying present and focusing on what's happening in the moment can be difficult. With so much going on in our lives and the pressure we all have to multitask all day long, focusing on the present moment can feel impossible. But slowing down and seeing what's in front of you can actually help make you more productive.
Making small motions toward living mindfully can make a big difference in your everyday mindset and stress levels. You can try things like:
- Pay attention to your surroundings and your senses
- Accept yourself and your feelings
- Let go of all expectations, and let yourself be who you are
- Give meditation a try in a way that fits your life (laying, sitting, walking, etc.)
- Focus on your surroundings, but also turn your focus inwards to better understand yourself