We'll tell you why!
Well, Sheri will tell you.
We'll tell you why!
Well, Sheri will tell you.
It's an exciting time here at Fire Cider HQ. After a long search, we can finally share the good news about our future home. Later in 2017 we'll be moving to a building that will house our entire company and process under one roof, and we get to stay in our beloved hometown of Pittsfield, MA!
Construction has already begun to renovate the space. We're updating the building to accommodate our warehouse and offices as well as our new, custom kitchen. The 20,000-square-foot facility will enable us to increase our production capacity and expand our distribution throughout the United States and Canada. Production at the new facility is scheduled to begin in Fall 2017, with a bottling line to be added in 2018.
We worked with Jan Perry Realty, Lee Bank, and 1Berkshire to purchase in Pittsfield’s East Street neighborhood, and we've secured the professional services of Springfield-based The Dennis Group for architectural and engineering design. This move wouldn't be possible without help from the Community Development Department and the Pittsfield Economic Revitalization Corp (PERC).
We'll be posting updates each month showing you our progress, and the fun, exciting things we have planned for our new home. Stay tuned!
This week we're talking to our Customer Service and Office Manager, Sheri. She's a fierce Mama, tireless Fire Cider ambassador, and fun loving goofball guaranteed to brighten up the office. Keep reading to find out what her favorite movies are, and why she would travel to the past.
Tell us about what you do at Fire Cider HQ. I am the Customer Service gal... You have a Fire Cider question? I'll answer it! I also do book keeping.
How long have you worked here? 3 years! I was their first employee!
What is your favorite way to use Fire Cider? A shot straight from the bottle! That way you don't have to share.
I also like the mini concoction I make for my kids... Heat up about a half cup of water (not too hot because...kids), add lots of lemon and some extra honey! (Or LOTS of extra honey if you're my son, David...) Finish with a half shot of Fire Cider! Great for sore throats.
Do you have any hobbies? I love to paint, garden and raise wild children (as long as they are my own).. I'm good at that... Hiking and drinking fine, cheap wine also make the list.... Because those are hobbies too, right?
If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? The future scares me... I'd definitely go to the past... That way I could type a letter to my grandmother on a typewriter while talking to my best friend on a rotary phone.
Two favorite movies? Rear Window and Ponyo... Mostly because after watching Ponyo my kids always want to eat noodles and broth with hard boiled egg and HAM! yum....
I made these Buffalo Chickpeas last week and they are well worth it cuz the flavors in these little guys are bangin'.
1, 15 oz. can organic chickpeas
1 Tbsp Fire Cider (use our Unsweetened Fire Cider to keep these vegan friendly)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas the pat dry w/paper towel. TIP: put them in your air fryer/oven for 3 minutes @ 400 F to dry them!
- Toss chickpeas with Fire Cider then add spices and toss again to coat.
- Roast in your air fryer or oven until desired crunchiness.
- Eat immediately as a snack.
- Add them to salads, pizza, soup, or even salsa!
With an office full of health conscious vegans, vegetarians and omnivores, it can be tough to find foods that please us all. Our friend Bethany (@lilsipper) has been on a roll lately and we're loving her latest creations!
I made this 100% NUT FREE & VEGAN cheese and honestly, I just couldn't wait to share it! Chickpea flour does the consistency magic here (VERY different from other flours and cannot be substituted) and Fire Cider gives it all the bangin' flavors!
Chickpea Flour Cheese
- Mix dry ingredients together first in a bowl, then add Fire Cider and water and mix well. (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour batter into a blender and blend on high a few seconds to get the lumps out.
- Transfer batter to a small saucepan and heat on low, stirring constantly to prevent clumps.
- Once sauce thickens to an oatmeal-like consistency, remove from heat and quickly pour it onto a glass dish of choice and place in fridge to set (about 3 hours).
- Once set, use however you wish! Great as a sauce for chips or macaroni, on cold or hot sandwiches, or just slice and eat as a snack!
Say "CAULIFLOWER CHEESE". This dairy free, grain free, soy free, yeast free, and NUT FREE Paleo cheese recipe. It's firm enough to slice, cube, and even grate, yet it melts perfectly for use in macaroni or a grilled cheese sandwich. The possibilities are endless, and it really tastes like cheese!
Optional add-ins, to taste:
- Steam cauliflower until soft.
- Transfer cauliflower while still hot into your blender. Do not add water.
- Puree cauliflower until smooth, then add all other ingredients except gelatin and blend again.
- While blender is on lowest speed, add gelatin, secure lid, then blend on high a few seconds until well mixed.
- Pour "cheese sauce" into a dish lined with parchment paper for easy removal an refrigerate for about 3 hours until firm.
Cheese-less Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms!
A great way to use the Cauliflower Cheese, it totally melts! Seriously, if you haven't tried this dairy-free, Paleo cheese you are missing out! (confession: I eat blocks of this stuff)
- Slice cheese (recipe above) into cubes and place each cube in mushroom caps. Roast until cheese softens and mushrooms begin to sweat.
- Garnished each mushroom with gorgeous micro greens.
About Bethany (LilSipper)
Bethany is the face behind the account @lilsipper on Instagram. She is dedicated to healthy eating and living a balanced life. She is also a yoga instructor and loves sharing her passion for health and fitness. Diets never work and always end…AKA fail. She was diagnosed with Gastropareses, which is, according to western medicine, an incurable illness that effects the digestive system. Through natural ways of healing through food and a pure, clean diet, she is currently reversing her illness! Her diet is free from gluten, peanuts, refined sugars, artificial sugar including stevia, and are, of course, full of nutritional value. She never counts calories, only nutrients! Follow Bethany at @lilsipper and @sipperfacts!