Chef Shawn's Fire Cider Barbecue Sauce
One of the best parts of summer is pulling out the grill and tasting those delicious summer favorites that you've been craving since the leaves turned. We teamed up with Chef Shawn of Canyon Ranch in Tuscon, AZ to create some drool-worthy recipes this summer. So fire up the grill and mix up this barbecue sauce to make your new favorite dinner!
Ingredients (Makes approximately 16 oz):
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup of Fire Cider (we used Wildflower Honey)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 tsp of liquid smoke
- Sautee onions and garlic in medium sautee pan until transluscent.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use on freshly grilled chicken, or let cool and store in refrigerator.
- Serve, and enjoy!