Marinated Chicken and Vegetables
We all love some hearty comfort food, but comfort doesn't have to mean compromising on healthy and wholesome ingredients. Seasonal vegetables can bring loads of flavor to your table, especially if they're seasoned well and paired with deliciously marinated chicken. Grab your chopping knife and give this recipe a try!
Ingredients (Makes approximately 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound of butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 pound of white mushrooms
- 4 oz of brussels sprouts (halved)
- 2-3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of Fire Cider (can use any flavor - we chose Original)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dijon
- 2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together all ingredients for the marinade and place in container with chicken breasts. Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to a day).
- Preheat the oven to 425 and prep a baking sheet with a silicone mat or non-stick spray.
- Place your prepped vegetables onto the baking sheet, spread evenly.
- Remove chicken from marinade and set aside. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss them to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, stirring them halfway through.
- Place the chicken onto the baking sheet and cook for an additional 20 minutes, stirring the vegetables again halfway through.
- Remove the chicken and cook the vegetables for an extra 5-10 minutes if not tender enough.
- Serve, and enjoy!