I have a hot cup of mate tea every morning. I even take it with me when I travel. If you have not had or heard of this sweet plant which has similar health benefits to green tea, you are in for a treat! Here is some information from YerbaTea.com: "There are many health benefits associated with Yerba Mate, gained from its nutritional and chemical compounds:
- a good detoxifier
- produces deeper sleep
- boosts the immune system
- relieves allergies
- increases energy
- possibly reduces the risk of diabetes and hypoglycemia
- relaxes muscles
- burns more calories
- increases mental focus
- improves mood
- possibly increases the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the heart during exercise
- decreases hunger cravings
- possible prevention of some cancers
- possible reduction of heart attack and stroke
- beneficial to the digestive tract"
Personally, I love the energy boost with out the caffeine crash and of course, the taste! I drink it hot in the cooler months with milk and stevia. In the summer it's yummy on ice with fresh squeezed lemon. And, oh yeah, it's also super bonus good and good for you with a splash of Fire Cider! This serving suggestion is from Dottie’s Coffee Lounge on North St. in beautiful downtown Pittsfield, thanks Jess!
Simply brew mate as usual, add a splash of Fire Cider to hot or cold Maté with a big squeeze of lemon and, if desired, a touch of honey or stevia and drink to your health!