There’s nothing like sipping on a frozen drink on a hot day. Preferably one that has a nice glug of tequila included with it. However, we find that many frozen drinks get sweet very quickly. This Spicy Mango Margarita is perfectly balanced because it has some sweet, but also some heat from Fire Cider African Bronze and a cayenne salt rim.
The trick to getting this cocktail to be ultra-smooth is to freeze the margarita mix before making it. We find that measuring it out and pouring it into an ice cube tray works perfectly. When you’re ready to blend, just pop the mix out into the blender. Dare we say it – this might just be the best margarita you’ve ever had!
Prep time: 5 minutes
6 oz. margarita mix of choice, frozen (we used this one)
5 oz. or about 1 + ½ cups frozen mango chunks
2 oz. tequila
1 oz. or 2 Tbsp. Fire Cider African Bronze
Lime wedge for garnish
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
½ tsp. cayenne (optional)
1. Before making the margarita, pour the margarita mix into an ice cube tray to freeze. Freeze for about 5 hours or overnight.
2. When you’re ready to make the drink, add the frozen margarita mix, mango chunks, tequila, and Fire Cider African Bronze to a blender.
3. Liquefy until smooth.
4. Pour the salt and cayenne on a plate.
5. Wet the edge of a glass with the lime wedge and roll the rim in the spicy salt.
6. Pour the contents of the blender into the glass and serve. Cheers!