Keeping up With Your Wellness Routines
Whether you're ready for it or not, tomorrow officially kicks off the Autumn season, which means cold & flu season will be here before we know it. We've been more vigilant than ever in the last six months with our wellness routines and our safety precautions around germs.
It might feel like you're doing everything you possibly can to stay healthy, but in case you have that nagging feeling that you're forgetting something (think getting on a plane and wondering if you closed the garage door, or maybe forgot your son in the attic...), we're here to recount the steps you can take to stay healthy.
1 - Treat your food as medicine.
- With the temperatures dropping, we understand the irresistible allure of constant comfort food. Consider making healthier choices and swapping in ingredients that are better for you! Fueling your body with foods that provide necessary nutrients and cutting out things that can slow your body's natural processes can really make a difference in your health!
- Try subbing cauliflower for rice or other carbs. You might be surprised at how delicious it can be!
- Sub out classic pasta for squash options! We love zucchini or yellow squash noodles.
- Try snacking on healthier options. Think apples, carrots, sliced bell peppers, etc. You'll still get that crunch you're craving, and veggie dips or hummus can give a little extra flavor!
2 - Limit your exposure to germs.
- We've all already been staying home and away from other people more than ever before, but there are always times when we have to leave the house.
- Send only one family member to the store, and be sure to wear your mask when you're in public.
- Bring your own sanitizing wipes with you so you can wipe down your cart or basket before and after use.
- Arm yourself with hand sanitizer to use before and after going into any stores, and make sure to keep your hands away from your face until you've sanitized or washed your hands!
3 - Keep up with your health/wellness routines.
- Get your body moving for at least 30 minutes each day.
- In early Fall, we love to take walks and get some fresh air (espeically now that these walks are some of the only time we spend out of the house!).
- Keep your daily fruit and veggie servings high. We all know the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"!
- Make sure you've always got a back-up bottle of Fire Cider on hand so you never run out! 1tbsp per day is our recommended serving size, but feel free to take a bit more if you want! It's just food, so it won't hurt anything! ;)