There has been a nasty cold going around the Berkshires, and one by one, it has taken us out. First Dan, then Sean, Amy, and Dana. I blame Dan's kids for being cute but efficient plague carriers.
Anyway, we've been hitting the amped-up virgin Fire Cider hot toddys pretty hard over the last week- and I'm happy to say we've been feeling much better!
- 1 -2 tablespoons of Fire Cider
- juice of 1/4 - 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey, raw, local honey is best
- a healthy dose of ginger (We use 1 tablespoon frozen ginger juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder, or 1 tablespoon diced fresh ginger works, too
- hot water or tea to fill your favorite mug
Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Our full arsenal of anti-ick fighting home remedies includes Osha tincture, Echinacea tincture, oil of oregano (rub it on the bottom of your feet or get capsules), raw honey, Fire Cider, ginger juice, lemons, neti pot and of course, some Berkshire Bourbon for when you finally start to feel better!