Spicy Cantaloupe Salad
Its fresh melon season and we've found that cantaloupe not only pairs beautifully with our ingredient of the month Black Pepper but with Fire Cider as well!
This recipe will serve 6.
- 2 1/2- to 3-pound ripe cantaloupe halved, and remove the seeds
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Fire Cider Original
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs - as garnish
1. Cut the melon into 1" cubes or go all out and melon-ball that baby.
2. In a large bowl, sprinkle the melon with salt and pepper, and toss with the oil and Fire Cider.
3. Serve with sprinkling the chives on top.
You can get even fancier with this simple salad! The addition of curly endive, goat cheese, and prosciutto turn this into a whole meal! And cantaloupe isn't just a sweet summer treat! A single, 1 cup serving provides 100% of your daily vitamin A, over 50% of the vitamin C you need, and it's a great source of potassium