Late-Summer Recipe Inspiration
September has a way of keeping us all on our toes. Mornings can be chilly, afternoons can be hot and humid, and evenings - well, that’s anyone’s guess! Before our crock pots take up permanent residence on our counters for what we call “Slow Cooker Season” (that’s November thru March in our neck o’ the woods), there’s at least a good month when dinner cravings can swing from cold, crisp salads to steamy, satisfying stews in a matter of days. And for that reason, we’re keen on keeping a light sweater and a few of our favorite recipes from @lilsipper close by. Get to know this cool and refreshing Bone Broth Shrimp Ceviche, crowd-pleasing "Texas Toast", and what we consider the culinary equivalent of your mother saying “Put on a sweater!”: the deeply comforting Bone Broth Elixir.
We love you, September. Keep changin’.
Bone Broth Shrimp Ceviche
You can make this chilled ceviche the night before, or right when you're ready to eat!
1 1/2 quarts water
2 cups @barebonesbroth bone broth
2 Tbsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup Fire Cider
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup fresh tomato juice
3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
3/4 cup chopped mango
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 serrano chiles, chopped
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
1 large avocado, chopped
fresh cilantro to taste
cooked shrimp to taste
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and serve with chips, lettuce wraps or just with a spoon! Enjoy!
Two stacked slices stand in for the traditional thick-cut slice in this recipe modified from @lilsipper
Makes 4 toasts
1 lb lean ground beef
8 slices toasted sourdough bread
1 avocado, chopped
2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. Fire Cider
1 packet (approx 2 Tbsp.) taco seasoning
1. Brown meat over medium-high heat, drain well and remove from heat
2. In small bowl, whisk tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and Fire Cider
3. Pour sauce mixture over meat and stir
4. Stack 2 slices of sourdough on plate and top with:
½ cup meat/sauce mixture
dollop of yogurt/sour cream
Bone Broth Elixir
Get ready to wrap your hands around a mug of comfort!
1 cup @barebonesbroth bone broth
3 Tbsp Fire Cider
1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
pinch of black pepper
pinch of cayenne powder
1. Heat all ingredients together in a small saucepan, pour into your favorite mug, and add a half avocado (optional) to enjoy Lilsipper-style. Now you're ready to sip your way to awesomeness!
Love what you see?
Check out@lilsipper on Instagram for more inspiration!