It's Fry Day - Fry-Yay!
French fries are kind of a big thing here at Fire Cider HQ, we've talked about this before.
When we found out that today was National French Fry Day we couldn't pass up the opportunity to nosh on some delicious fried taters, with a Fire Cider twist. This year we not only drizzled the fries with our tongue-tingling tonic, but we upped the game with our condiments, and created a Fire Cider Mayonnaise and a Vegan Fire Cider Mayo (recipes below).
However you choose to celebrate this crispy, salty, potato-centric day, we hope you'll try a few bites with the extra zing of Fire Cider. Make your tummy and your taste-buds happy.
Fire Cider Mayonnaise - makes 1 cup
1 large egg yolk
1 tbsp Fire Cider Honey-Free
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
3/4 cup canola oil
1. Combine egg yolk, Fire Cider, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
2. Using a small kitchen spoon, drizzle oil into the egg mixture, whisking constantly, Add oil to yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, take your time here! Continue to drizzle the oil into the egg mixture until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes (mayonnaise will be light in color).
3. Best if used immediately, or, cover and chill, store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week
Vegan Fire Cider Mayo - makes 1 cup
2 ripe, fresh avocados
1/4 cup high-quality olive oil
1 tbsp Fire Cider Unsweetened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend at medium speed until fully mixed and emulsified.
2. Best if used immediately - or, cover and chill, store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.