Easy Sweet and Sticky Skillet Chicken Thighs
In our opinion, chicken thighs get a really bad rap. Not only are they juicy, tender and flavorful, but they’re often on sale. Really, you can’t go wrong when you bring home a package of chicken thighs for dinner.
The best way to cook chicken thighs is in a cast-iron skillet. The cast iron heats evenly and allows you to create a nice crust on the meat. Once that crust is formed and the chicken is almost fully cooked, we’re going to brush on this simple sweet and sticky glaze made with maple syrup, Fire Cider Honey-Free, garlic powder, and paprika. That’s all you need to make these outrageously delicious chicken thighs!
Serves – 4
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 16 minutes
2 tsp. olive oil
about 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
¾ tsp. sal
¼ tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. Fire Cider Honey Free
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp. paprika
1. Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place them in the skillet when it is hot.
3. Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes per side, until the internal temperature has reached 165 F and the juices are running clear.
4. While the chicken cooks, whisk together the maple syrup, Fire Cider-Honey Free, garlic powder and paprika.
5. When the chicken is almost fully cooked, brush the glaze all over the chicken and allow it to finish cooking.
6. Rest for 5 minutes and serve!