Chef Shawn's Pulled Barbecue Beef
The weather is cooling down here in Massachusetts, and we're starting to think of cozy, cooked-all-day foods! Few things make a chilly Fall day better than a bubbling roasting pot in the oven, mostly because you get to enjoy the delicious aroma all day long! This week, Chef Shawn of Canyon Ranch brings us a recipe for the perfect Fall meal: pulled barbecue beef! We'll have this in our weekly rotation for the rest of the season...
- 2/3 cup of diced yellow onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of Fire Cider
- 2 tbsp of liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 pounds of beef short ribs
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Place all ingredients in a roasting pan and cover. Bake for 2-4 hours or until beef pulls away from the bone.
- Once tender, pull meat away from the bone and shred.